- 1⁄2 cup unsalted whole roasted almonds
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted roasted hazelnuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted roasted walnuts, chopped
- 1/3 cup rolled oats, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 Tbsp almond butter
- 1⁄2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 tsp cinnamon
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 1⁄2 cup dried apple rings, diced
- 1/3 cup butterscotch chips or salted caramel chips, melted (optional)
1. Line an 8-inch baking pan with parchment paper, leaving overhang.
2. In a medium bowl, mix to combine almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts and oats. Set aside.
3. In a small saucepan, combine honey, almond butter, vanilla, cinnamon and salt. While continuously whisking over low heat, warm mixture until it starts to gently bubble. Remove from heat and pour mixture into nut mixture.
4. Using a spatula fold in diced dried apples and mix until everything is thoroughly combined. Transfer into lined pan and tightly pack the mixture with the back of the spatula. Make sure there are no gaps.
5. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to firm up.
6. Using parchment overhang, lift granola bar mixture from baking pan onto a cutting board. Cut the chilled granola bar mixture into 8 to 10 bars or squares. If desired, dip one side of the chilled bars into the melted butterscotch chips or salted caramel chips and place on parchment until set. Serve.
Recipe Provided by: www.foodnetwork.ca