Baked Ham with Riesling Mustard Glaze
You can either make this recipe overnight, or start in the morning to give you some free time to get the rest of your Easter dinner together. You’ll definitely win at Easter dinner with a main dish like this!
- 1 cup of dry riesling wine
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/2 a cup of honey
- 3/4 cup of coarse grainy mustard
- 1 large bone-in smoked ham, about 10lbs
- For glaze, bring wine and shallots to a simmer and reduce to 1/4 cup. Remove from heat and stir in honey and mustard.
- Preheat oven to 275°F. Place ham in a roasting pan and score the skin on top. Place in oven and bake, uncovered, for 7 hours. Spoon half the glaze over ham and baste, cooking for 1 1/2 more hours. *Make sure the internal temperature of ham is 140°F*
- Carve ham and serve with remaining glaze.
Recipe by: Anna Olsen