Grilled skewers of juicy chicken breast, zucchini and red and yellow bell pepper.
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves and stems, plus more chopped leaves, for serving
- ⅓ cup canola oil
- 1 Tbsp tequila
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 – 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 24 1-inch pieces
- 2 zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch rounds
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 wooden skewers
- In a large ziptop bag, add the lime juice, cilantro, oil, tequila, salt, red pepper flakes, garlic and some black pepper. Mix together and then add the chicken. Let the chicken marinate for 2 hours. During the last 20 minutes, soak the wooden skewers in water.
- Preheat a grill to medium heat.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and pat dry (discard the marinade). Alternate threading the chicken, zucchini and bell peppers on each skewer. Cook the kabobs, turning after grill marks form, until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are charred at the edges, 12 to 15 minutes. Sprinkle with the remaining chopped cilantro before serving.
Recipe provided by foodnetwork.ca