BLT RANCH DOG & VEGETARIAN CARROT DOGS
We all know the usual ketchup & mustard dogs, but this post is going to switch it up!
Here you’ll find a recipe for a delicious and simple BLT ranch hot dog AND a recipe for carrot dogs that are crazy good even if you’re not a vegetarian!
BLT Ranch Dogs
- 6 hot dogs
- 6 hot dog buns, partially split, toasted lightly
- 1⁄4 cup iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup ranch dressing
- 1⁄4 cup bacon, cooked drained and crumbled
- Grill the hot dogs until they are heated through, turning occasionally.
- Assemble The hot dog starting with the toasted bun and adding the shredded Lettuce.
- Next add the onions and tomatoes.
- Place the hot dog on top of the onions and tomatoes.
- Drizzle with 1 Tablespoon of the ranch dressing and top with crumbled bacon.
Recipe by: Xexe383
8 medium carrots, peeled and skinny ends trimmed
- Add the carrots to a small roasting pan and toss with olive oil. In a small bowl, whisk together broth, vinegar, soy sauce, maple syrup, garlic powder, paprika and liquid smoke. Pour over carrots and cover pan with foil. Let sit for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place the foil-covered baking dish in the oven and roast carrots for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and roast for another 20 minutes, until the carrots are just tender enough to stab with a fork.
- Place carrots in hot dug buns, serve with ketchup and mustard.
Recipe by: Lauren Miyashiro