Spider bites can cause swelling, redness, itchiness, or rashes.
Treatment should include cleaning the bite with soap and water, icing the area for ten minutes on and off, elevating the area and continuing to keep it clean until it is fully healed.
The Black Widow is the only spider that could be fatally venomous, but spiders may not actually inject their venom when they bite. It takes work to produce this venom, and most spiders prefer to save it to use on their prey, soon to be food.
If you are allergic to spider bites you may experience a rash, hives, itching, swelling of the lips, eyes, tongue or throat, stomach cramps, or loss of consciousness. If any of these symptoms occur immediately seek medical help. If the spider can be captured and brought to the doctor it can be helpful in identifying the type of bite you’ve received, and aid in getting the correct treatment.