- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 500ml can diced tomatoes
- 1 500ml can white mushrooms
- 1 500ml can red kidney beans
- 1 medium/large yellow onion
- 4-5 tbsp chilli powder (or more)
Throw a pound of extra lean ground beef in a skillet over medium heat.
Once your meat is browned throw in one finely chopped yellow onion, one can of diced tomatoes – juice included, and your mushrooms and kidney beans.
Add in chilli powder.
Simmer, about an hour will do. The longer it simmers the better it tastes – that’s the golden rule of any easy chili recipe.
Serve this cheap and easy chili recipe with some shredded cheddar cheese on top, some avocado slices or even some sour cream! Make a smaller batch and make some chili-dogs. You are the boss of your own chili!
Recipe brought to you by Cheap-Chef.com