1. Slice up all of your dipping ingredients into bite-sized pieces and arrange on your serving plate, along with your skewers.
2. Bring about 4 inches of water to a boil in a pot over high heat. Once the water is boiling, reduce the heat to medium.
3. Place your chocolate and milk or cream into a heat-proof bowl and place on top of pot to create a double boiler.
4. Stir the ingredients together until the chocolate melts and you are left with a smooth consistency.
5. Remove the bowl from the pot and stir in your vanilla, salt, and optional liquor.
6. Pour your fondue into the serving dish of your choice, whether it be a fancy fondue pot or fountain, or a simple glass or ceramic bowl.
7. Enjoy immediately!
*If your fondue begins to thicken or harden, re-heat in the microwave in 10 second increments, or over your double boiler until smooth again.