*Yields 12 muffins
1 3/4 cups flour (white, whole wheat, almond, etc)
1/2 sugar or coconut palm sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
3/4 cup milk or nut milk
1 tsp vanilla
2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
1/2 cup blueberries, chopped apples, chocolate chips, chopped nuts, raisins, banana puree, pumpkin puree, etc!
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Grease or line a muffin in.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients.
4. In a separate bowl, combine applesauce, eggs, milk, vanilla, and any of your mix-ins until smooth.
5. Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. (Over-mixing will not allow the muffins to rise)
6. Mix in melted coconut oil.
7. Pour batter into the prepared muffin tin so that each cup is 3/4 full.
8. Sprinkle on any last toppings.
9. Bake for 20 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.