Tex – Mex Shakshuka
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/3 chopped onion.
- 1 diced bell green pepper.
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp chili powder, or paprika.
- 14 ½ oz canned chopped tomatoes
- 7 oz tomato sauce
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 4 eggs
- Fresh parsley (optional, for garnish)
1. Set oven to 400 degrees F / 200 degrees C / Gas 6
2. Add olive oil, garlic, onion, bell pepper, coriander, cumin, and chili powder, sauté for 3-5 minutes, until fragrant.
3. Add diced tomatoes and sauce. Reduce heat to medium, stir, bring to light simmer and cook for 3-5 minutes.
4. Create a hole for each egg in the skillet and crack each egg inside.
5. Bake in oven for 20 minutes, or until egg is cooked to your liking.
6. Top with parsley and enjoy with whole grain toast or sourdough!
Recipe provided by fitmencook.com