1 ½ pounds ground beef or turkey (optional)
6 strips of bacon, chopped (optional)
15oz (1 can) pinto beans
15oz (1 can) black beans
15oz (1 can) kidney beans
8oz (1 can) tomato sauce
8oz (1 can) corn
1 large onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp chili powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground oregano
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
¼ tsp cayenne pepper
Shredded cheddar cheese
1. Put a large pot onto medium high heat and sauté chopped bacon until cooked.
2. Remove bacon from the pot and set aside.
3. Lower heat to medium and cook onion until tender, then add your ground beef/turkey and minced garlic. Stir occasionally until meat is fully cooked, then drain the excess fat from the pot.
4. Add all of the remaining ingredients and spices, plus the bacon, and stir well to combine.
5. Simmer chili on low heat for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. If the chili starts to become dry, add 1/2 cup of water or your favorite stock.
6. After 1 hour of simmering, serve chili and garnish with a dollop of sour cream, a small handful of shredded cheddar, and a lime wedge.
Let us know if you love this one-pot hearty chili as much as we do! This recipe is a total staple when RVing in the cold, winter months.
Give it a try!
We have made every effort to ensure accuracy in the information provided. Specifications, equipment, technical data, photographs, illustrations & videos are based on information available at time of posting and are subject to change without notice. To receive or verify current product information, please contact the dealership.