The time will soon arrive when many of our valued customers will make the winter migration down to warmer climates. Some will venture to the southern United States, some will venture into Mexico. Wherever the snowbirds travel to, we at Traveland RV wish them a safe and wonderful winter vacation!
To assist in making your trip as safe and enjoyable as possible, we have provided this Snowbird Checklist complete with recommendations and suggestions. We want you to be ready for the road ahead and to have a great experience this snowbird season.
- Batteries – How old are they and should they be replaced prior to your trip?
- Propane Tanks – If the tanks are approaching ten years old, they need to be replaced.
- Propane Detector – Check the age. They usually have a lifespan of 5-6 years.
- Roof – Check the vents for damage or wear. Clean roof and apply UV protection prior to the trip.
- Antenna – If you have a batwing style antenna, consider replacing with a digital head. US television stations have been mandated to broadcast digitally.
- Water Filter – Carry a spare.
- Carry a water bandit for those RV parks that have damaged water faucets.
- Fuses – Carry a supply.
- Slideouts – Lubricate the slide mechanism with Dry Lube and the rubber seal with Rubber Seal treatment. During the winter in the south, apply Rubber Seal treatment monthly.
- Lynx Levelers – Numerous RV Parks in the USA require these under the stabilizers.
- Sewer Hose Supports – The majority of RV Parks in the USA demand that sewer hoses be elevated off the ground.
- Sewer Hose – Check for damage.
- Electrical – Carry and use a surge protector.
- RV – Wash and wax prior to your trip. The sun will oxidize your RV in the hot southern sun.
- Bearings – Repack the bearings.
- Brakes – Check for wear and/or adjustment.
- Tires – Check for age, wear, and ensure proper air pressure.
- Generator – Change oil, filters, and plugs.
- Do you require solar panels?
- Do you require portable totes?
- Record Model numbers of all appliances.
To download a PDF version of this checklist, click here!
Below are some of the more popular websites to assist you in your travels.
- Weatherbug.com – covers both of the major passes in Oregon, the Siskiyou and Deadman Pass.
- Rvillage.com – This is a facebook type site designed for RVers.
- Sanidumps.com – Identifies locations of sanidumps.
- Casinocamper.com – Identifies those casinos that are RV friendly.
The more popular Associations and Membership Clubs for your consideration
- Canadian Snowbird Association
- Good Sam Club
- Explore RV Club
- Passport America
- Boondockers Welcome
- Harvest Hosts
Be it California, Arizona, Mexico, or wherever your travels take you this winter season, we do hope you have a wonderful time. We look forward to welcoming you back in the Spring. Stay in touch, we love to hear from our customers!
firstname.lastname@example.org | 604-530-8141 | 1-800-513-9434.